New Operations Center Update
New Operations Center Update
You know that feeling of anticipation before a big event? Maybe it’s a wedding, a vacation, or moving into a new home – it’s exciting to see your plan come together. That’s where we are with the new Operations Center. The project is ahead of schedule, and the new facilities are looking great!
Every day, more work is completed. Lighting is installed, walls are painted, and carpet is down. Furniture is being delivered, IT is installing wiring to support our technology needs, and all the final details are getting ironed out. It won’t be long before the big move is here. A move like this takes preparation. Below is some general information about what office employees can expect in the moving process. Supervisors can help answer any additional questions.
- The move for Stores Warehouse and Engineering and Operations building is currently scheduled for the second half of September, while the move for the Systems Support building will likely occur a couple weeks later. As soon as the move dates are confirmed, they will be communicated to each department.
- Each office employee will receive two boxes for work items plus any necessary boxes for technical equipment like computers, phones, or personal printers. The new offices and cubicles will be arranged for minimal paper storage, so it is likely everything you have now will not fit in your new space. Now is a good time to go through your papers, files, books, etc. and decide what can be thrown away, scanned to PDF, or taken home. If you’re unsure whether or not something can be thrown away, check out the Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for 2019 and 2012 located on MyGUC under General Administration documents (or click here)
- Be sure to label boxes with your name and the building and floor number you will be occupying in the new facility. Everything must be cleared out of your office by the date you’re given for your move date.
- A moving company will be taking boxes from the offices, loading them on the truck and transporting them to the new facility. They will also deliver the boxes to the offices based on the department floor plans.
- IT will disconnect computers and each individual will be responsible for packing their equipment according to the guide IT has created. You can find this guide in the New Operations Center Information section on the homepage of MyGUC or by clicking here.
Our new Operations Center has so many great features that will make it a wonderful place to come to work every day. The buildings are bright and modern, with lots of windows that allow in natural light.
In the Engineering and Operations Building, there are breakrooms, kitchenettes, and coffee areas for breaks and enjoying meals together. You’ll find quiet areas for when you need to step away for a few minutes, as well as men’s and women’s locker rooms. The new Control Center is state-of-the-art and will provide everything needed as we move into the future.
Stores Warehouse also has a breakroom, conference room, and men’s and women’s locker rooms in addition to the warehouse, small parts area, counter area, and outside materials yard. There’s even a special room just for uniforms and another with GUC logo merchandise.
Visit the the New Operations Center Information Section on the homepage of MyGUC (or click here) to see walk-through tours of both floors of the Engineering and Operations Building. You’ll also find a video tour of the Stores Warehouse. More information about the Systems Support Building coming soon.
Get excited! We are “in the short rows,” as they say, and our new Operations Center will be worth the wait.